Feb 9, 2011

YoCurd !

Usa has taught me many things .... and one among them is how to make thick curd.
I know this seems quite funny as we might think wats there in making simple curd.. just add the curd culture to milk but no! thats not it.!Let me demystify the making of curd !Ha!




First of all you need curd culture(normal ,plain thick curd) for it. Ask your neighbours ,friends or if you cant get it anywhere get it from the stores.. no other go...

Next heat up a litre of milk in the microwave for about 5 minutes and cool it down completely

After this add 2 spoons of curd culture and nicely mix it with the milk making sure its completely dissolved in the mixture.Cover it with reynolds wrap or some foil.

preheat oven to about 350 deg F and switch it off..

Make sure the temperature is bearable inside the oven.(like how it is in india on a normal day :) )

Keep the curd inside the oven and Lo! thats all... it has to set for overnight to 24 hours completely depending on the area in which we are(like how cold it is).. am in Denver so it takes me 24 hours
during winter time .

Also we can wrap the curd vessel with a heavy towel just so that it retains the warmth for it to set.

Thats it :)


"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep....." --ROBERT FROST

2 comments: